How to De-Authorize Your eReader in Adobe Digital Editions
In this post I’ll be giving you step-by-step instructions on how to de-authorize your eReader in Adobe Digital Editions. You might want to do this if you want to change the Adobe ID that you have associated with your device.
In these instructions I’ll be using my BeBook Neo because that is the type of e-Ink eReader that I happen to own at the moment, but the process should work for any E-Ink style eReader device that Adobe supports for authorization. (Just like my post for authorizing your device, this doesn’t apply to Android or iOS — just eReaders.)
Note: This will only work if your device has been authorized with an Adobe ID in the past. If you never did that, these instructions simply won’t do anything.
1. Start with your eReader turned off and disconnected from the computer. Also start with Adobe Digital Editions closed. This will help prevent any issues with ADE recognizing the device.
2. Connect your eReader to your computer with its USB cable.
3. Turn on the eReader.
4. When my BeBook Neo detects that it is plugged into the computer, it asks me if I want to connect to the computer. Tapping ‘NO’ would just allow it to charge. Tapping ‘YES’ lets you transfer files to its memory and perform other functions related to the computer, so tap YES.
5. Open Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
6. On your keyboard, simultaneously press the Ctrl, Shift, and E buttons, and then let go. (ctrl-shift-E). This should give you this prompt:
7. Click the ‘Deauthorize’ button.
About The eBook ReaderI love reading and I love technology. eBooks are an interesting combination of the two.
Top Posts & Pages
- ACSM Files - What they are and how to work with them
- How To Solve Adobe Digital Editions Error #2038
- How To Open .acsm Files
- Adobe Digital Editions
- How To Change the Authorized Adobe ID
- How to Authorize Your eReader for Adobe Digital Editions
- How To Solve The Error "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"
eBook Reader Software Blog by Jared Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.