How To Install Aldiko on Kindle Fire
If you’d like to use Aldiko on your Kindle Fire, you can install it via the Fire’s browser. Here’s how:
Before you can install an app that’s not available in the Kindle App Store, you have to change one setting in the Kindle Fire.
- In the top Kindle Fire menu, select the Gear (settings) icon.
- On the next screen, tap the More Icon.
- On the next screen, tap Device. Then choose ON for “Allow Installation of Applications”.
Now you’re ready to download and install Aldiko on your Kindle Fire.
- Open the Kindle Fire’s browser and point it to the latest installation package download of Aldiko at https://aldiko.zendesk.com/entries/402881-download-the-latest-version-of-the-aldiko-book-reader-application#overview
- Download that file to your Kindle Fire.
When that file is finished downloading, a notifications button will appear in the top menu. Tap on that then select the downloaded Aldiko package.
- On the next screen, tap the Install button.
- You should now have Aldiko installed on your Kindle Fire and it should behave like it does on any Android device.
If you’ve tried this, I’d be interested to hear how it went!